Chances are that you’re reading this because you’re not too happy with your Google Pixel 2 XL! You’re definitely not alone. At The Phone Spa, we’ve already been inundated with calls, emails, and customers that are infuriated with the issues that are popping up all over the show. The Google Pixel 2 XL was first released earlier this month, it promised to be ‘The next generation’ of a smartphone, I bet you’re tired of hearing that right? We feel your pain! You probably stumped up around $1000 of your hard earned cash to get your hands on the latest tech, only to be disappointed. At The Phone Spa; we’ve already become the experts at resolving these issues for you! If you don’t want to wait around for a warranty repair we can have your device fixed on the very same day!
• Operating on Android 8.0 Oreo
• IP67 dust and water resistant
• A choice of 64 GB or 128 MB storage capacity
• Back Mounted fingerprint sensor 12.28 MP camera with 8 MP selfie camera which is the highest rated smart phone camera in the world thanks to is innovative portrait mode.
• A stunning long life battery which charges up to 7 hours in 15 minutes.
• 4 GB of RAM
• 6” POLED display with 1440 x 2880 resolution & 3D Gorilla Glass screen optimised for an intense virtual reality experience.
Sound great right? So, what’s the problem
It’s got a sleek design, with an XL screen, making life that little bit easier for you with that extra added dimension for you to enjoy! But Google has made life a little harder for its consumers by sealing all of the ingress points, making it almost impossible to access the SIM tray without fear you’re going to damage your new phone! To pry this bad boy open, you’re going to need foam tape. But who has that lying around? Luckily WE do! We can separate your phone without applying heat and access the midframe with relative ease!
This allows us to access many of the modular components within the phone for replacement once we’ve taken apart the display assembly. So we can fix all of those niggling faults that consumers are having with their Google Pixel 2 XL phone.
1. Inaccurate, blurred colours on the display. The Pixel 2 XL uses a sRGB colour spectrum for its colour accuracy which is baffling due to the pretty narrow spectrum! Some colours on the spectrum are lost completely given your screen resolution a washed-out glow. This will make for some difficult photo editing on your smartphone!
2. Awkward viewing angles which mean that you can only view a clear picture on your device if you’re looking at it completely straight ahead.
3. Burn in damage. We’ve seen a lot of unhappy customers about this issue at The Phone Spa. Images have a tendency to get fixed to the display long after you’ve exited off from the image on your phone!
4. Some customers are reporting a clicking or whining noise originating from the bottom speaker.
5. Durability. You’re going to need a case with this device thanks to it’s painted on plastic coating which covers up the aluminium. Even Samsung is getting in on the trolling of these issues! Luckily, the tech saviours at The Phone Spa are on hand with expert advice! We’re based in Woodland Hills Los Angeles, we always have walk-in appointments available & if you’re not local we have an excellent, safe courier service to send us your phone for a speedy repair!